Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Week Something~ I've Missed You~



I was at my cousin's wedding reception last weekend. The room was filled with people I hadn't seen in many years, and along with the blissfully happy bride, was her sister's husband Paul.

We used to see Paul, Laura, and their beautiful children once or twice a year, but it's amazing how before you know it, four have ticked by.

That's just too long.

And Paul asked me about this blog..."What happened? You haven't posted in awhile."

There are lots of reasons for this, and I suppose over time I will share them with you, but for now, Paul's kind words have gotten me typing again.

No excuses. I'm back with another retreat.

I am reframing what retreat means to me. I am moving forward with my life, not pulling back, not surrendering. I am actively choosing to pause, not out of fear, or procrastination, but for the celebrations that come in every small moment.
Slow down enough and you'll see them.

Retreat Time:

Is there something, or someone, you've always wanted to be?

An Astronaut
The President
A Singer
A Humanitarian
A Professor

A Writer

Why not let yourself "be" that person for a day. Maybe even a moment. Our imaginations are time machines, and our thoughts can take us wherever we want to go. It's not about running away from the lives we have by immersing ourselves in a dream world. It's about pulling that world desired into our present here and now.

Why not?

Explore.    Lead.    Give voice.    Help.    Learn.    Write.

So good to be back,
K.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kimberly,
    Just yesterday as I was looking for a new post on my daughter-in-law's blog, I was thinking that I had not seen any from you in a while. Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Deana! It's good to be back. :)

    ReplyDelete