Thursday, April 26, 2012

Giving Gives

From Mom



For my Mom's 70th birthday, my sister, brother and I threw her a party. We made yummy food, hid my brother and his girls (who came from out-of-town) to surprise her, and gave her as a gift a Mother's ring.

A ruby for Lisa, an emerald for me, and a citrine for Dane.

My Mom's reaction??

JOY, JOY, JOY!!

Who could have known what this would all mean to her? Mom sent each of us thank you notes, but what I will never forget is what she said that day...

"This has been one of the greatest days of my life."

It has long been known that showering others with our gifts and talents is a tried and true path to happiness. It's easy to get so caught up in the giving that troubles are forgotten, and the love in life, the beauty in each of us that is always there, glows with a lifting energy that sustains us as human beings. If we look closely we will see we are in a magic place when time stops, and all that matters is the teary smile on our Mother's face. Her heart full to bursting.

One of the greatest days of my life.

May you find a way today to give, because it heals, because it fulfills, because it brings joy,

♥ K.

No comments:

Post a Comment