Friday, February 18, 2011

Time With Friends ~Day Six~

All week I've been thinking about my friends, and planning to have a "girls night out". I had a list of names and numbers in mind, and some possible locations.

Friday night was the big night. 

Well after a very loooong week, I was pooped, and what sounded good to me was staying home with Wade, my hubby.

I never called the girls.

Now before you go thinking that I'm short changing myself, understand that I don't see my husband often enough. He travels for work, we've got two kids, you know the story. And besides, he really is my best friend.

To make this retreat time I tucked myself into the couch facing Wade, with a favorite blanket, my sweet little dog, and a relaxed smile. Then I imagined that the room we were in was the only one in the world. We were completely alone and protected. It was just the two of us. I really focused on him.

It was so wonderful!! We laughed and talked and laughed some more. The kids were both out so we had the whole house to ourselves, but that one cozy room was all we needed. In many ways it was an ordinary night. And it was perfect.

I encourage you to see the relationships right in front of you. Cherish them and celebrate them with a little focused attention. Open your heart to friendship in the obvious places. Blessings abound!

Girls...next time,
Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment