Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Walking Toward Chakra 2 ~Day Three~

Walking with my dog today.

Fields over my shoulder.

I wanted you to come along.


 Around the bend and things got muddy. I soaked in the visuals and imagined a masterpiece. The sound of my squishy steps sounded "painty" to me. So many colors in this wet grey road. I really saw them. A thousand shades of silver and brown, chestnut and tan, even blue and rocks of charcoal and white.


Look at the puddle below!

My senses engaged as I honored the energy of chakra two.

I started with sight. There was so much to take in. Movement, sway, shimmer, and spent snow. Intricate branches laced across the sky. Pine green against scaly bark.

I heard my sloshing steps and I listened. The world around me was a symphony. Layer upon layer of sound. Wind, Chick-a-dees, distant cars, a train, a braying donkey, my rhythmic walking, the click of the leash, breath.

Smell and taste soon followed. Spring is close, wet, musky and sweet. I felt the muscles in my legs working. I felt the heat in my body and the chill on my ears. I felt my gloved fingers, and the slight tug from little Teeka.

Almost home.







I walked two miles today. I walked with heightened senses and I feel renewed. Gotta say, I'm loving chakra two! Let me know what this week's retreat is doing for you.



From the bottom of my grateful heart, thanks for joining me,
Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment