Monday, January 3, 2011

Week Four ~Boogie Down~

You've heard it before...

If you want to get away from it all, forget your worries, and let loose, just turn up some tunes and boogie down.

Boogie down in your jammies, boogie down in an evening gown, boogie down in the nude!

In the spirit of all things musical, I invite you to anytime, anywhere, boogie down.

Okay, so cutting the rug in the stands at your kid's basketball game, while checking out your library books, or buying bird seed, might turn a few heads. But don't let that stop you. If, on the other hand, you'd feel more comfortable taking part in this week's retreat in your own living room, and you've got access to a computer, all the better, because here's what I suggest you do.

Log on to www.pandora.com . This is my favorite online radio site. What makes it so great? You can type in any artist or song, and it will create a station just for you featuring that artist, song, and other similar music you'll probably love.

To make this an even more nurturing retreat, pick artists or songs that fill you with joy, remind you of happy times, or lead your mind toward dreams yet to be, and certainly on the horizon. Here are some of my favorites and why:

Zee Avi--when I want to feel creative, artistic, and funky.
Dido, The Cranberries, and Enya--when I want to feel as though I live in a stylish brownstone apartment in Minneapolis or St. Paul ( I currently live on a 20 acre hobby farm in Northern Wisconsin)
Gypsy Kings--when I want to feel like I'm on vacation somewhere hot and steamy
Israel 'IZ' Kamakawiwo'ole--when I want to be reminded of the beauty that's in the world. Beautiful people, beautiful places, beautiful thoughts becoming songs.
Lastly, Sting--because I LOVE Sting

So boogie down with intention this week. Choose music that's just for you and come back to it again and again whenever you need time that feeds your soul through your tapping feet.

And a one, and a two,
Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment